These are due now!
This season please do the following:
1. Place your cheque or cash in an envelope.
The envelope must be marked with
• Full name
• Amount enclosed
The amounts will vary
• Full year £175
• Full year (but taking advantage on offer due to no
rehearsals in the last summer term) £120
Those who joined for Messiah
• £60 - Autumn and Spring term only (1 free term)
• £120 - Full year (1 free term)
• Nothing if only returning for Messiah in Spring 2021
2. Place the envelope in the box provided
PLEASE STUDY THE ONE WAY SYSTEM PLAN
• We will use different doors to access and exit the building • Enter – through the double doors directly into the hall • Exit via the side doors
• The corridor is only used to access the toilets and there is one door to leave the hall and another to re-enter it.
SHOULD I ATTEND ERCS REHEARSALS?
Every member is different. It is up to you whether you are ready to return on not. We have tried to minimise risks but no measures can reduce the risk to zero. We hope to tell non-attenders what we have been singing so that they can have a go at home if they wish.
YOU MUST NOT ATTEND REHEARSALS IF YOU ARE UNWELL
Please do not attend rehearsals if you are infectious or are concerned that you might be infectious.
The questions to ask are
• Do you have any of the symptoms? Elevated temperature? new continuous cough? Loss of smell or taste?
• Have you been in contact with someone with symptoms?
• Have NHS Track & trace told you to isolate?
• Have you just returned from abroad an been asked to self-isolate? If the answer to any of these is yes then do not come to rehearsals. I
ATTENDED REHEARSAL AND NOW I HAVE BECOME UNWELL
If you become unwell you must arrange to take a test. You must email Val about this at once. (a phone call is fine if you don’t have email – please use Val’s mobile in these cases 07810 040797).
If you take a test and the result has come back positive you must email (or phone) Val at once. ERCS then has a duty of care to everyone and will contact NHS Track & Trace and everyone who was at either one or both of the last two rehearsals.
We will be keeping registers and seating plans of every rehearsal. The information is kept for 21 days to comply with Track & Trace requirements.
Our rules are to protect everyone. Rehearsal rules must be complied with. In the highly unlikely event that a member blatantly refuses to abide by the rules that person will be asked to leave the rehearsal.
1. 2metre social distancing applies AT ALL TIMES. This means on arrival and departure, before, during and after musical activity, during breaks in the toilets.
2. Sneeze/ cough into a tissue, the crook of your arm (if not wearing a face covering).
3. No hugging, hand shaking, lingering to chat in the hall before or after rehearsal. If you chat outside then remember the 2metre rule 4. Break time chats must be at 2 metres distance
5. Wearing of face-coverings in the church buildings is mandatory until directed otherwise by the conductor.
6. Please let Val know if you’re exempt from wearing or are unable to wear a face covering.
7. You may choose to bring several face coverings as they are no longer effective when wet
8. Avoid touching shared surfaces as much as possible
9. Sanitise/ wash hands on arrival, departure, before and after break, after toilet visit
10. Bring your own music (personal or loan copy) but DO NOT SHARE AT ANY TIME
11. Use your allocated seat and keep all your belongings with you within that space
12. Bring your own drink
OTHER HINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
• We must keep the rehearsal room ventilated. Ensure you have enough warm layers of clothing.
• If we take a break you may be asked to go outside during this time.
• The length of the rehearsal will be reduced to around 1 hour singing time.
• You may be asked to queue on arrival to prevent congestion. You may also be asked to leave row by row at the end.
• If you are borrowing music you may wish to wipe it before use. Loan copies should be kept until no longer in use.
• You may be directed to your seat. You may not end up sitting near the person you usually sit near.
• Seats will be 2 metres apart -please do not move them closer together.
• Please keep movement inside the hall to a minimum.
• You may be asked to reduce your volume – please don’t be offended if this happens
• Concentrate on hearing harmonies rather than articulation and on listening rather than fortissimo.
• Please only use toilets if absolutely necessary
• Please take your rubbish home with you.